Historical legacy of jesuits in china abstract in lieu of an abstract below is the essays first paragraph what is the meaning today of the missionary activities of the society of jesus in china. A fascinating new take on the jesuit missionaries to china jim mcdermott may 31 2016 a fascinating new take on the jesuit missionaries to china. Summary the first jesuits in china 1338 death of giovanni di monte carvino first archbishop of mongol beijing khanbalik 1534 ignatius loyola founds the jesuit order with the objective of converting the pagans. Jesuit missionaries had a successful mission to china in the 1540s and brought western ideas on astronomy and cartography to the imperial court
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.